Capital.edu >
< back

Meet Dr. Nisreen Daoud, Assistant Professor of Education

Dr. Nisreen Daoud taught for five years at the elementary school level in Northern Virginia, in areas of low economic status. She worked in inclusion classrooms with special education students and new English language learners.

What is your title?
Assistant Professor of Education

How many years have you been at Capital?
This is my second year at Capital.

What is your favorite place/building/room at Capital and why?
Ruff Memorial Learning Center because I get to see so many students as they walk by my office to get to/from classes.

What was a career-defining moment for you?
When I spontaneously decided several years ago that teaching elementary school wasn’t my final career path. The moment I decided to go back for my doctorate was the moment I knew that if I became a teacher educator I could impact more students by helping to develop awesome future teachers!

Do you have a favorite comfort food or restaurant?
My comfort food would have to be French fries! I could eat French fries all day, every day!

What is your favorite TV show/movie?
I’m a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan and miss all the original cast members.

Do you have a favorite music genre or artist?
No favorite. However, nursery rhymes are currently a staple in our home for our 2 1/2 year old and 8 month old!

What inspires or motivates you?
I have always been motivated by wanting to push myself and challenge myself to be better and do better. Lately, I’ve been inspired and motivated to be a positive role model for my kids and my nieces and nephews. I want them to know that nothing is out of the realm of possibility and that they can and should go for anything they are passionate about.