Capital.edu >
< back

Keeping in Touch

“See what large letters I make when I am writing in my own hand!”
(Galatians 6:11)

I doubt that many sermons or devotional writings are based on this text. It’s not particularly inspirational, but it does serve an important purpose. Paul wants the recipients of his letter to understand that he really cares about their relationship! So do I!

We frequently hear from alumni and friends that you want to hear more from Trinity – more about students and campus life, more about upcoming events, more alumni news. That’s one reason we established The Trinity Connection, our new quarterly newsletter. The Trinity Connection allows us to share more in-depth stories than does this humble weekly column. We hope you enjoyed the first issue. We’re already at work planning the next issue!

Thanks to the hard work and good collaboration of Tori McGraw-Rowe, Manager for Seminary Strategic Partnerships, and Capital’s web team, we’ve made some major improvements to the Trinity website in the past few months. I’d like to call your attention particularly to the Alumni and Friends page. On that page, you’ll find a recently added a Share Your News link. We know that some of you miss hearing about life events of your classmates, as well as deaths of other alumni and friends. This is information that we can share, but only if we receive it from you. The Share Your News link allows you to submit death notifications, as well as personal news (ordination, marriage, new call, publications, retirement – you name it!). We’ll compile the information we receive and will add a Class Notes and an In Memoriam section to future issues of The Trinity Connection.

Trinity’s mission is forming leaders for Christ’s church at work in the world. Along with that mission of forming leaders comes the responsibility of informing others about how we are doing – and that includes sharing news and information among the extended community that includes Trinity students, alumni, friends, and other constituents.

Thanks to those who’ve reached out with constructive criticism and requests for what you’d like to hear from us. Not every communication will resonate with every reader every week, but we hope that by broadening channels of communication we can be more even responsive to your interests.

I have one advantage that St. Paul didn’t have. Not only do I get to write to you, but I get to read what you write back! Thanks for your willingness to keep in touch!

The Rev. Kathryn A. Kleinhans, Ph.D.
Dean

Trinity Lutheran Seminary forms leaders for Christ’s church at work in the world.