Capital.edu >
< back

Emily Ragland Named Admission Director

Following an extensive search, Capital University alumna Emily Ragland has been named director of Undergraduate Admission. She had served as interim director of Admission since September 2020.

A 2011 graduate of Capital’s Psychology program, Ragland worked for I Know I Can and Otterbein University before returning to her alma mater in 2017 as associate director of Admission and coordinator of Multicultural and Bonner Recruitment.

JP Spagnolo, vice president for Strategic Enrollment Management and Marketing, called Ragland “an exceptionally talented leader.”

“Emily’s commitment to college access and serving students throughout the admissions process is unparalleled,” he said. “Her innovative ideas and approach to admissions will strengthen our enrollment strategy and build on the rich academic tradition and reputation of Capital University.”

Ragland said fulfilling this role is a dream come true.

“Ten years ago, I was a high school student completely unsure if college was a possibility for me,” she said. “Within the first few weeks of stepping foot on Capital’s campus as a first-year student, I was hired to work in the Admission Office. I haven’t looked back since.

“Capital truly changes lives. It did for me. What an honor to now sit in the role that opens that door for future students.”

Ragland’s goals as director of Admission include:

• Working to remove barriers that students may experience in gaining access to college;
  • Ensuring the Admission team is prepared to assist all students and families, focusing on the personalized experience; and,
  • Exploring new recruitment strategies, including enhanced on-campus visits and community partnership programs.